dabbling in diy

It only took for ever and a day, but I finally finished my very first sweater project. The knitting was done ages and ages ago, but it took me probably a year to motivate myself to weave in the ends! But now it’s done! When I originally swatched this yarn, I was very good about it and knit a swatch in the round and then put the swatch through the wash and dryer (gasp). I had read comments that this yarn really stretched after washing, but the dryer seemed to counter the effect nicely. After washing the sweater, I tried to block it but it was way stretched out. I let it sit overnight and it was still a bit damp this morning and still stretched out, so I threw it in the dryer for 20mins and it came out perfect.

untitled-0935.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: